Sunday, February 3, 2008

Reno

This weekend we drove down to Reno and back to see the Foo Fighters for our anniversary (and just because we wanted to). We stayed in Wendover Thursday night, and Friday and rolled into Reno around 2. We had some time to kill so we hung out at the casino, met up with a friend, got something to eat. We stayed at the Atlantis which, like other big casinos there, is ridiculously themed and decorated. It had jungle-looking waterfalls on the inside, coverings made of dried grass, cave-rock looking archways on the walls, and our room was hilarious. The carpet looks like it's sand, with ripple lines, and the fabric in the room is very 90's looking patterns of tropical fish. Even the handles on the furniture are fish/mermaid tails.

The concert was incredible! Dave Grohl is my king. He is so dang cool. Here's a video of him rocking out in the audience and Taylor the drummer, kind of a guitar and drum solo. There's several videos on youtube if you search "foo fighters reno". We had great seats. Most people ran to the floor in from of the stage, and we grabbed actual seats in the front row on the left side of the stage. We had a great view. I've been to several concerts, and if you're short, it's really not that fun standing in the crowd on the floor. You can tell in that video. By the way, I apologize for not including photos. Can you believe we forgot our cameras? Man!

All the classics they played were of course awesome, and they added in so much more to really make them amazing. Dave is a really great entertainer too. He is hilarious. Everlong made me cry. Haha! Just so much stuff to talk about, I dunno how I could include everything. They played a 3 song encore. Before they'd come back out you could see Dave on the screen smiling and pumping up the audience. We had such a good time. It was definitely worth the trip. Even though Reno was freezing!

The drive back was pretty lame. We couldn't even leave until 3-ish. Because AJ's friends were picking up a car in Truckee that took forever. But on our way out we got In-N-Out :) YUM. My double-double went down like magic. Anyway, most of the drive back we were going through horrible snow storms blowing all over, and the car we were driving had bad headlights so we couldn't really see anything. But we made it back to Logan!

Okay, before I sign off, I just have to tell you what I'm watching. The Puppy Bowl IV on Animal Planet! This is SO adorable. They have a little pen made to look like a football field and all they do is throw all these puppies in with toys and they wrestle and chase each other. Hehehehe....I luv it. They have a water bowl camera too that is so cute, the puppies stick their paws it in and stuff. There's this guy that calls penalties and makes puppy substitutions. "It's a puppy fumble!" Touchdown! Eww he just picked up poop. But it was puppy poop!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Ahhh, I want In-n-Out. Only two more months... :(

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a great time (and that you lived on those bad roads).

Lindsay said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you two made it back safely - Happy Anniversary!

Andrea said...

There's an In n Out going to Rexburg??? There is something wrong with that.

Matt

PS Foo Fighters SUCK

Ashlee said...

"There's an In n Out going to Rexburg??? There is something wrong with that."

Pwahaha! No, I meant when we go to Cali for the wedding.