Friday, April 4, 2008

Party Time

YAY! We finally got a sofa! We found a nice 4-piece set that we could both agree on (the 4th piece is a 2nd chair). It's blackish-brown leather and pretty comfy, imo. By the way, those are Mustang seats in the corner. You know, in case we need extra seating...finding a place for car parts has been reeeeally fun :)



AJ's parents are coming down this weekend and bringing a table and chairs and an Ikea chair that Jared so kindly donated to our little family. Thanks Jared! Then our place will have real furniture in it! So now everyone can come visit us. Yes, you too. My parents are probably coming down too, so this will be a cozy, very populated place this weekend. But lots of fun.

We had tons and tons of boxes from the living room set, plus the huge box from my new desk, plus the box from AJ's grill...and then other small boxes for the mustang parts. We started leaving them outside our door, and when we walked outside AJ said to the kids next door "hey, you want some boxes to build a fort?"

"YEEAHHHH!!!"

Kids are funny. So then they got crazy and multiplied to about 10 and made a huge mess. I had to get a picture. I immediately regretted giving them a box with styrofoam in it. Yuck.



Inside I was cleaning some more and found another couple boxes, so I opened the door and threw them out into the frenzy. This one tiny little girl, maybe 3, just walked right in our place and looked for more stuff until I guided her back to the door. I told the kids, "No more boxes in here, just garbage." I had this feeling like I should lock the door when I came in. I'm glad I did. A couple minutes later little hands were trying to turn my doorknob. So I ignored it. Then the doorbell. Like 5 times. So I thought, well, they know I'm here...so I opened the door and that little girl walked right in again. I don't think she understood most of what I told her, but I kindly told her to go play and have fun. Haha. Then I dead bolted the door. A few minutes later the door bell rang again. HELLO CHILDREN. Get a clue. I let them have fun with my doorbell for about 15 minutes. They had fun–not me. Anyway, today we cleaned it all up, and it was a pain, but that's okay. It's finally gone.

Oh by the way, they totally trampled some of my tulips and left toys and easter garbage all over our shared area of grass. And they got a big trampoline that is over both our "sides". I guess their parents didn't want their car jumped on anymore.

But on the bright side...I HAVE A LIVING ROOM! And it matches perfectly with my pink/brown carpet.

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

Very nice! What did you do with the dryer?

Hilary said...

Well, the plan was for the gas man (his real name)to come on two different days this last week, and he never showed up. So now it's in the dining area. Sucks.

Andrea said...

The set looks very nice.

Sorry about your tulips, but at least the kids had some joy for awhile.

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

I'm so impressed! We were out of school for a year before we got any new furniture. Don't you feel like you're moving up in the world when you start moving from second hand furniture to your very own new stuff? By the way, we also chose a brown leather set when we took the plunge into becoming real adults. Your living room looks sharp!

Eric and Hilary said...

hahaha i love the living room set! i can't believe how annoying those kids were being.

Unknown said...

Our ottoman looks like yours. Ha!

The Herrons said...

Hey Hilary! This is Kristin Herron (Klavano) From turlock.. I came across your blog today and was very excited! You look good and very happy! I know it was a while ago but congrats on getting married, i'm happy for you..

Livi said...

Beautiful new furniture! Your house just keeps getting better and better!