But in solid BLACK. Way cuter. And when I get my picture taken in it, my eyes won't be closed.

I love black. Plus it's really hard to find a cute pattern that will still look cute in 5 years (that's my current rate for buying swimwear).
A.J. likes it. After I modeled it he told me I could wear it all evening if I wanted. Haha. He thinks I'm cuuuuuute. Next time he makes fun of my freckles, remind him of how much he liked my shoulders in this swim top. And also remind him that he has freckles, too.
OKAY, so imagine the top in black only (why don't they have it on their site!? And no I'm not modeling mine). Cute lil ruffle on the top. On, it looks a little more like a bandeau than sweetheart neckline. I really like the neck strap. Although it's not adjustable, there's no knot hitting your spine, which is, you know, nice. The top is very comfy (and supportive!) and long. Downeast makes their stuff long. But because it's long I didn't get the ruffle-trim matching bottoms, because I didn't want an unnecessary bulge under the top. The sales girl tried to convince me it wouldn't overlap, but um, yeah, just tried it on sister. It covers my hip bones.
No, I didn't try on the bottoms. I couldn't figure out how to follow the rules and try them on over my underwear. Um, because my undies go to my knees. Hahahaha!!! But seriously, I've never been in this situation before. What do you do? I guess I haven't been swim suit shopping in a super long time, because it was WEIRD taking off EVERY layer to put on that top. Okay, TMI.
So I think I'll keep shopping around. My mom told me I'm allowed to buy myself at least a couple suits for Hawaii, so I'm doin' it. Because my mom said I could. I want to find another top, and maybe a couple bottoms that can mix and match. Aren't you so excited?? Me too!
Next item I need advice on: Awesome sandals that I can hike around in, get wet, give arch support, camoflages my crazy long toe, etc. My mom and I both have narrow feet and she told me Tevas were way too wide for her so she got Keens. I've also heard Chacos are pretty awesome. (Just kidding about the long toe thing. Although it really does exist on each foot, I'm not sure if a partially-covered-toe vs. a open-toe sandal is better.) I need help!
11 comments:
I'm a little disappointed with you Hil. Scandalous! JM'n! I actually saw that one at Downeast and thought is was dang cute, and I wanted to buy it, except I spent way too much money on my suit last year. So I couldn't justify buying a new one.
P.S. Was that the best pic they had of that lady. I mean, come on, her eyes are closed... Seriously? Did they just take one shot of her and were like, "Well, it's all we've got, so we have to use it." But I guess you can't blame them. Pictures are so inconvenient these days. You only have so many shots you can save on those 8gig memory cards ;)
Oh, by the way. Chacos are great because ALL the straps are adjustable.
Ash, I thought the EXACT same thing about the picture. WTH.
I WANT THAT SUIT!
Too bad they dont have that in maternity. Ew prego belly in a bathing suit. Give me $1000 and I MIGHT put one on this summer!
Um super cute!!!!!! I love it! AND I have a super long toe too- which makes me sad because I love those peek a boo high heels-you know the ones that have the openings that show a few toes- well it always just highlights that one toe. I'm so jealous you are going to Hawaii! That's a place I have not yet been to yet....
Definitely go with Chacos. They'll last FOREVER, which is a bonus (as they are not cheap).
Ahh yes Hilarye, the peep-toe shoe. I have the same problem. They are way cute, but the long toe just sticks way out there!
I've had my chacos since I was 18. (Wow -- that was a long time ago -- eek!) They're still great and they haven't had to be re-soled or anything. They've hiked all around the world and they're amazing. Just be sure to get the kind with the back strap.
CUTE! Although cumon hil, you're going to have to show a little more skin than that to get ready for ANTM shorty edition!! ;)Don't be afraid to embrace the bikini in Hawaii! I'm bad... BTW lol about the 'what to do' scenario in the dressing room! haha...
Don't worry Monica, I'm still shopping around :)
cuuute!! It's hard to get the full impression of what the swimsuit will look like when you have pants on underneath :)
Post a Comment