I've had a cold for like, 2 weeks. I usually don't have cold symptoms for more than 4 days. Over these two weeks it has gone from earaches and tingly skin to headaches to sore throats to nasty congestion.
Now all I have left is the congestion. And coughing. It's been pretty tolerable during the day-time. I blow my nose, spit loogies (gross sorry) and cough every once in a while, and I'm good. But then around 8-9 every night, I start getting these coughing attacks. One side of my throat gets all tickly and then it just gets out of control. So far it doesn't really hurt, but I can't complete a sentence without coughing. And sleeping is a joke. The inhales will tickle, then go away, then the exhales start tickling. Just as I or AJ would fall asleep I'd start coughing again. Last night I had to get up and sleep downstairs because I'd feel too bad knowing AJ would be working a 14 hour day on no sleep. Griz followed me :)
Anyway, if anyone has advice let me know. Once I got downstairs I popped a couple cough drops which helped a little.
But HEY you guys won't believe the ab workout!
7 comments:
When I'm sick, it always get worse around bedtime too. I hate that, because you're so worn out from being sick all day, but then you can't sleep. Horrible.
Sleep more during the day. Take Claritin-D and Advil Cold & Sinus. Also, if you have sinus issues, one of the best things I've found is sinus nasal spray they sell at the drug store. That stuff will clear you up immediately and let you sleep. Give it a try! Feel better soon!
I have no advice because I have had a cold for about a week or so now and it is awful!
I have no advice because I have had a cold for about a week or so now and it is awful!
ugh! i'm so sorry. i was like that a few weeks ago. it sucked!! you know what really helped me...mucinex!! i've decided it's amazing. hope you feel better :)
My mom always used to put a compress on my chest. Before bed, wet a dishtowel with rubbing alchohol and put it directly on your chest. Put another dish towel on top of it so your shirt doesn't get all wet then go to bed.
Something about the fumes keeping your lungs clear so you can sleep. As a kid i hated it, but it works.
Feel Better, k ?
You are probably better by now, but it crossed my mind that laying down is probably a big part of the problem. I don't think trying to sleep standing will really work though.
Post a Comment